Friday, March 28

Well yesterday I got the first letter from my husband. And I also got the letter that the airport employee was supposed to mail. Apparently he's not a jerk, just incompetent. Thankfully today I got the letter that the radio station should have read on my birthday, had it gotten there on time. In addition I was able to talk to my husband last night. He wasn't supposed to be calling but he did anyway. He got promoted to squad leader! Him getting promoted is great for both of us because they decided that squad leaders didn't have to have fire watch. That means more sleep for him and more time for him to talk to me. God keeps reminding me how blessed I really am. It sounds like his company is over there in the "sandbox." I can't even think about the fact that he could be over there right now instead of doing training here in the states. Compared to a year apart, with virtually no communication, letters taking three weeks to go one way I'll take the month that we'll be apart before I get to see him again (albeit for only a few days), the at least weekly phone calls, and the three to four days it takes a letter to travel. It may sound strange but I am truly blessed.

No comments: