Thursday, June 4

Update

The unpacking is taking much longer than it normally would because I'm trying to really organize things instead of just throwing things in closets to get them out of sight. It's very frustrating to have been in the house for nearly a week and have the living room still be cluttered with boxes but I keep telling myself that in the end it will be well worth it.

In other news Abigail's potty training is progressing pretty well but she did have her first night time accident last night. I was not going to go look through boxes at 2 in the morning for her other sheet sets so I just cleaned her up and brought her in with me. And then later in the night she rolled off our bed and fell on the floor - no broken collar bone thank goodness - but I guess she's not quite ready to sleep in her big girl's bed without a toddler rail. Her bed will be getting here on the 9th, appropriate since it's basically a birthday present. So I'm hoping to get all the extra boxes out of her room by then and after that should be getting some pictures up so you all can see her new room.

ETA - the comment about breaking her collar bone might seem odd but when my brother was a toddler he broke his collar bone when he fell off a bed.

4 comments:

~Kimberly said...

Good for you for being organized! That's my goal for 'packing' this next move. I'm trying to go through things NOW so that I don't have boxes of "why did I keep this" when we get to Virginia. Glad to hear Abigail survived the fall! I'm sure it won't be her last! Tough girl!!!

Lynn said...

Grammy's coming! You'll get several days of unpacking and/or Abigail help : )

Yvonne LeBrun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvonne LeBrun said...

the best advice I got for potty training and bed times is to double make the bed. Make it once then put another mattress cover over the first set and make it all over again. That way you only have to rip the dirty sheets off once in the night and she can go directly back to bed (after going potty of course!). More work up front makes less work at 2 am! Good luck!

Hang in there with the boxes there is hope :)