Wednesday, February 5

You know the expression, "Waiting for the other shoe to drop"? Well that's kind of how the Marine Corps is making me feel right now. It's like I almost can't go on with my life because I'm sitting here waiting for them to drop a big, ole combat boot right on all our hopes and dreams. And I hope that no one thinks that I'm a terrible person for this, but when I heard about the Columbia, after my initial shock and sadness, I honestly thought, "Well maybe this tragedy will help to cool Bush down and divert people's attention from war." I'm not proud of it but that's what I thought. I know that anyone who could have averted the Columbia situation would have and I can't help but wonder why the outcry for peace or at least UN backing hasn't been more. If the unexpected deaths of 7 people brought this much emotion then shouldn't the almost guaranteed loss of life that a war would involve require more consideration?

No comments: